Sunday, December 03, 2006

Snow Flakes Falling All Over Town

So, I planned to have last Friday off. Because of the concert. Because no one likes to go to a concert, have a super fun time and then think about work in the morning. I planned to have last Friday off. It was just a bonus that it snowed. There is nothing that a Chi-town girl loves more than the first snow. (And I mean a real Chi-town girl. Someone who has trick-or-treated in the snow and can appreciate that the first major snow storm didn't hit until December 1, 2006). The first snow means, winter hats and gloves, puffy coats and best of all, snow boots. I love my snow boots! I have been waiting to wear them for a while.

When we left the concert, there was a brisk chill in the air. We stopped at Raw Bar, which had graciously watched our coats while we were at the show. We drank champagne while our friend played the piano. We hung out and had fun. N., M. and I decided to do a walk by (checking the scene at a neighborhood bar) and then head to G. T. to end the night. We bundled up and headed outside. It was snowing! Big. Glorious. Wet. Snow. We were thrilled. We headed down the street singing every Christmas carol that involved snow. (We apologize to those that we might have woken up with our shenanigans).

Had a few cocktails. Sang a few songs. Headed home. We tucked ourselves into our respective beds while dreams of snowflakes filled our heads. (Sorry, that was way silly, but I couldn’t resist).

I woke up on Friday excited for the world. Well, sort of. I woke up when my mom called me to tell me about her snow day. I had to remind her that I had taken my own snow day and that I wasn’t up at 6:40 like usual, because I was hoping to sleep in.

After going back to sleep and waking up again, I texted (why hasn’t my spell check program realized this is now a verb) N. to see what she was up to for food. The next thing we know a fun, comfort food, snow day lunch is planned. We all head to a local establishment for some warm food and a nice bartender to ogle a bit. N. had some work to do at the shop (i.e. a crap load of balloons to blow up). We went to help. I now rock at tying ribbon on a balloon.

From there we trekked, literally aiming for the snow piles – since we were wearing our snow boots, to get some hot chocolate. We headed to the G.T. to help N. open the bar.

Single-handedly, this was one of my most favorite days. It was perfect. Snow. Warm food. Good friends. Hot Chocolate. Crossword Puzzle. Funny Re-Cap of Evening Before. You couldn’t ask for anything more.

No comments: