Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Baby, It's (not so) Cold Outside

Aside from watching the Chi-town Bears play MNF (I heart Devin Hester) last night, I am in full Christmas party prep mode this week. I will say that while I hate all the cleaning and organizing (dusting and shoving things under my bed), I love this party. I look forward to this party.

In all honesty, I look forward to Christmas. I love having my Advent wreath and calendar (as any good Catholic girl does). I love St. Nicholas day and the little present my aunt gives us every year. I love buying a tree and decorating my house – down to putting up my Christmas dishes, putting out my Christmas towels and hanging Mistletoe in the doorframes in the hopes that one year it will actually work).

I love baking cookies and breads. I love having the place smell of pine and berries. I love the cold chill and a fresh snow on the ground. I love the craziness of Christmas shopping and striving to find each friend and family member the perfect gift. I love getting together with family on Christmas Eve. I love the meal we eat (well, not all 7 of the fish) and I love that we have desserts and a cordial of amaretto. I love Midnight Mass, the caroling before it, presents and pizza afterwards and going to bed too late.

I love Christmas morning, my mom’s date nut bread and opening presents with my family. I love the fresh start Christmas seems to bring. I love the sense of family and hope and love and peace. I love the magic and miracle of Christmas. I love believing that there is a Santa Claus and that George Bailey is the richest man in town. I love the beauty of Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree. In short, I love everything about Christmas.

No comments: