Saturday, December 23, 2006

All I Want for Christmas Is You (and a Few Inches of Snow)

Last weekend was my Christmas party and it was beyond fun. It is the one time around the holidays where my friends all gather (outside the bar) and we are festive and merry. We all dress up in our holiday best(and by that I mean, guys were jeans and perhaps a nicer shirt and the girls invoke silvers and reds and shimmery colors)and enjoy winter cocktails. We had a white elephant (which gets better/worse by the year). It is the party that everyone wants to be at - and I am not saying that because it is at my house - I am saying that because we are all bar people and it is the night that many take off and instead of serving, we are sipping and enjoying. That is a rare treat in the Thanksgiving to New Year's holiday bonanza.

The one thing missing from the Christmas Party this year was Mistletoe. Weird, I know, but every year I buy Mistletoe and hang it in my doorframes. It is something that my mom always did when we were younger and it is a tradition that stuck with me. It doesn't really matter, because this party isn't really a hooking up kind of event, but still, I think the Mistletoe adds the hint of promise. Mistletoe always seemed to evoke the magic of Christmas.

I know that no one but me knew that it was missing, but I missed having that speculation of all that is to come. In hind sight, I wished that I had remembered it.

No comments: