Monday, September 19, 2005

Recap and Review

It is Monday morning and I am sitting in the airport waiting out a delay…again. I wonder why the one flight that was on time (early) was when I was running late. I had a fun weekend with my sister. We hit Oktoberfest Saturday night. For the 3rd time in a row, I missed the Chicken Dance. This year it was led by the popular children’s television starts Uncle Willy and Windy.

Anyway, I did get to eat a lot and drink some great beers. I had a brat that can only be described by its picture, so check it out. (Insert all nasty innuendo here – we all did) My sister’s friend, BJ, put roasted almonds in our 1st beers – so we could have a sweet snack at the end of our beer. My sister also made friends with a lady, um, actually a man dressed as a lady – there is a visual needed for this one as well. There was a lot of lederhosen, chicken hats and drunken people--my kind of Saturday night.

Sunday was low-key. My sister was a little hung over, I had no voice and we were both tired. We had brunch with her boyfriend and then went to a great farmer’s market to pick up some marinated chicken. After that it was couch time and the NFL. My sister cheers for the 3 B’s – Bears, Browns and Bengals. This is what happens when you live in Ohio for 7 years. All 3 did quite well. In fact the Bears and the Bengals trounced their opponents. I believe that CNN went so far as to say that the Bears “crushed” the Detroit Lions. After marathon football, we rounded out the evening with a nice dinner among friends. The night came to a close with my sister and I hanging out on the couch watching Crossing Jordan and Law and Order.

All in all, it was a great weekend. I was glad to see my sister (bummed that I was sick). The delay was nice though, because just as she dropped me off, I called to tell her about my flight and she turned around. We had a nice breakfast (microwave breakfast sandwiches) and watched CNN and The Price is Right--strange, but true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally understand one Ohio team after living in Ohio. But the Bengals AND the Browns? I am pretty sure there is no such thing.

Dea said...

It's true. They cheer for the Bengals, because they live in Cincinnati, the Browns, because Jason is from Cleveland and the Bears, because somewhere, underneath it all, Deborah is still a Chicago girl at heart.

Next weekend, though, she said she is cheering for the offense =0)