Sunday, September 18, 2005

All's Well that Ends Well

So, I was riddled with angst in my last post and may be suffering from writer's remorse. In the grand scheme of things, I guess a five hour stint in the airport is nothing. We finally boarded the flight at 5:25 and took off about 10 minutes later. It was a nice short puddle-jumper flight of 50 minutes. I read a book I bought in the airport store, because the 2 I brought with me didn't interest me. I slept for a bit. I ate my pretzels (does anyone else miss the peanuts?) and drank my water. I tried to give the man next to me -- football player size -- as much room as I could, because the plane was not meant for him. The flight was nice.

We landed about 7:30 PM Cincinnati time. We sat in the plane for awhile waiting for the stairs to be rolled up next to the plane, which was entirely funny to watch from the plane. I de-planed, grabbed my valet bag and rolled through an empty airport to meet my sister. Getting there was not half the fun, but the drama was completely worth getting to hang with her for 2 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Well, I am glad you eventually got there! Who knew it would be so difficult. Note: I first went to the Cincinatti Oktoberfest in 1993. We had traveled there for the Reds-Giants and wound up meeting a bunch of players and hanging out downtown with them. I also almost got kicked out of the Westin for trying to talk to Barry Bonds. And this was waaaaay before it was impossible to talk to him. Ahh, memories. Hope you are having fun with your sis.