Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Cheer Cheer for Old Notre Dame

I catch a lot of grief for being a Notre Dame fan. I am a fan, because my mom used to watch the games on Saturday afternoons. She still does. I never thought that it was bad to be a Notre Dame fan until I moved to the city and learned that to most people, Notre Dame is the Yankees of college football. It doesn't help that the Fighting Irish haven't given me much reason to be proud or to cheer. (Not that I want to jinx them, but they are are looking pretty good this year).

Last weekend, they soundly beat Washington to improve their record to 3-1. The real story, though, was their first offensive play and the boy who called it. There is a great article on MSN about Montana Mazurkiewicz and Charlie Weis. I will let the story speak for itself.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9481684/

Dance as if no one is watching;
love as if you can't be hurt.
Sing tho' no one is listening;
live as if it's heaven on earth. Irish Proverb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send the volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky,
What tho the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching Onward to Victory.