Thursday, February 15, 2007

The future is here at last

This week has been a doozy and I have just wrapped up Day 4 of the ridiculously social-Dea week. From my normal Monday night, to snow Angel Tuesday, to GNO Wednesday to Jen's Birthday (Part I) Thursday, I am pooped. It's funny, because sometimes I feel a smidge alone, when I spend a few days hoveled in my apartment watching NetFlix and eating taco dip. Then there is a week like this where I almost wish I could hovel up in my apartment with dvds and taco dip.

I have been so busy that my mind has been working overtime and I feel like my creative juices may have been flushed away by all the OJ I have been drinking. (It has been my desperate attempt to stay vitaminized and healthy during the busy nightlife week).

That being said, I have all these random thoughts and no inspired way of delivering them. So here they are (in no particular order):

1) I saw a woman walking a large dog wearing what can only be described as aqua socks -- the dog not the lady. It struck me as funny, because the dog was walking so proudly and I was wondering if he knew how silly he really looked.

2) Why is it on the day the CTA says that they are going to add more buses to make the commute easier for commuters, my bus takes 15 minutes to go 4 blocks and all the L's that I can take are messed up because of signal issues at Howard? It is like the CTA has some seriously sick sixth sense.

3) I have also noticed that once you have purged someone from your thoughts (typically because you don't want to think of them anymore), that is when they awkwardly pop back into the picture. Of course, when you can't purge someone from your thoughts (and you really wish you could) and you wish they would pop back in the picture, they never seem to.

4) How come the older I get, the more I break out? And in the same respect, why is it the more I lotion, the more I seem to chafe? Seems snow angels in blue jeans was not the nicest thing I could have done to my tucous.

5)How can Mardi Gras (and Ash Wednesday) be next week already? Seriously, time moves fast when you go to work five days a week.

6) Can someone please just figure out who is Anna Nicole's baby daddy? I mean who else is going to come out of the woodwork? David Crosby?

7) I brought a pair of jeans to work today, so that I could change before going to Jen's Birthday Dinner. I'm not gonna lie, I pulled them off my bathroom floor and threw them in my bag. This is only funny, because when I went to grab them to change, a sock fell out of the pant leg. Thankfully, it was only a sock, but still made me chuckle. I really, really need to do laundry. Said jeans were of the infamous snow angel excursion - that is how few clean clothes options I have.

And on that note, it is bed time. Dea-Dea needs her rest. Happy Birthday to Jen! Hope this post was a bit more on the positive side.

Funny side note - when you spell check tucous, mucous, Tuck's, taco and tacos are all options. Don't know why, but that made me chuckle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday shout out and thanks for my wonderful Bruce book!