Monday, July 25, 2005

Storm Troopers on a Monday?

I went to run a few errands yesterday during my lunch hour. After picking up lunch, buying some books and going to the bank, I decided to head back upstairs my office. It was then that I saw him! A Storm Trooper heading my way. Yes, that’s right. In the middle of lunch rush, in the middle of the Merchandise Mart, there was a Storm Trooper. For a brief moment, I teetered between being a 6-year old and being terrified of the guy and being a grown-up and wondering if I was hallucinating.

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to Suffering…

Okay, yes, I am a Star Wars geek. I wanted to be a Jedi Knight when I was a kid. I have seen all the movies and I liked them all (Episodes IV, V and VI were the best), even though I really wish that George Lucas had rethought the whole Jar Jar Binks thing. If you ask my friend Scott, he will tell you that I am a bit obsessed and that I have a shrine to all that is Star Wars. A bit of an exaggeration…however, I will admit, the Storm Trooper peeked my curiosity. I wanted to know where he was headed and where he got the costume.

No comments: