Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Tivo

I have been a fan of my Tivo ever since I bought it. I love “tivoing” random shows that I normally would’ve missed. I love Tivo picking out shows it thinks I would like – though admittedly, sometimes it is way off the mark and I wonder what kind of girl Tivo thinks that I am. I love being able to pause the TV and more importantly, fast forward through commercials. Overall, I have been a big fan of Tivo. You might even go so far as saying a bit addicted to it.

Today, I randomly went to the Tivo site. I wanted to check the time of tonight’s While You Were Out episode--a friend and her husband are the couple on the show. One of our mutual friends was going to set her VCR and tape the episode, since I tragically had forgotten to set the Tivo. I went through the online Tivo schedule and found the time / channel. It was then that I discovered Tivo Central Online. Did you know that you can program your Tivo from the Internet? Brilliant. I logged into the site, picked the show and the recording quality and received an email confirmation. In a sad comment on my social life these days, that might be the highlight of my week!

No comments: