Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Thank You

On Friday night, I waited on a couple. They drank a glass of wine each, closed out on their card and left. They were really nice, so I was a bit shocked when I went to their table and saw that the guy had not filled out the credit card slip -- including the tip line. I thought it was a bit strange, since they were really nice. I brushed it off and figured it was a fluke. In my gut, I didn't think they were mean or anything.

The next day, I got a call from the afternoon bartender. It seems that the guy had come back into the bar. He said that he and his girlfriend were rushing for a movie and that he had forgot to leave a tip. Money aside, what he did was incredibly nice. Every now and again people restore your faith in them (and all of mankind). So, thank you to the gentleman. To the lady, I say, hang onto him, he is obviously a keeper.

No comments: