Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Can Men and Women Just Be Friends? (Part II)

So, I was apparently angst-filled when I wrote the first post on this subject. Or, as usual, I was confused by my own life. Can men and women be friends? Sure they can. I have a lot of guy friends. Have some of those situations become completely awkward? Yep. It is not always good to be the female friend of a guy, especially if he is engaged to a girl who doesn't really like you. (Thankfully, that wedding never happened).

Have I fallen for a guy friend or vice versa? Yep. Sometimes, it works out great. Some of my best relationships with guys have started out as friendships. Sometimes it is a disaster -- especially when feelings are not reciprocated. Sometimes it is confusing. Blurring the line makes it so that you are never quite sure where you stand.

Do I have guy friends without whom I would be lost? Absolutely!! One of my favorite people in the world, who has been my friend since I was the little red haired girl in college, is a guy friend. I saw his name on my blog and realized that the last post was not complete. Since we met 10 years ago (god, that seems like a long time), he has been my friend, confidant, designated driver, advice giver and all around good friend. Life has made our paths shift a bit (he is a proud husband and father, I am still single in the city), but I know that he is always there for me (and vice versa). So, even though it can get complicated and messy, the moral of the story is men and women can be friends...as long as the sex thing doesn't get in the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably not very helpful, but damn...

http://www.theantiblogger.com/life/halloween-costumes-i-wish-i-would-have-thought-of/