Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'll Jump If You Jump

I'm getting ready for my Christmas party, which sounds ridiculous since it is not even Thanksgiving. I realized though that there are a few weekends in December and if you want one before Christmas, you got get the evite out early.

Here is the fun thing about my party....it is the 2nd Annual. People know about it. They were there last year. I polled them this year about what date worked best for people. And yet, I have 4 RSVP's (including myself), 7 Maybes and a few that I knew were going to be No's. The evite has been out for a few days. Granted, the party is a month away. Sometimes people don't know their schedules. However, most of the people on this guest list are planning on being there. They just don't want the social implications of RSVP'ing too soon.

My friend Nic was the big girl that RSVP'd first. Thanks for being brave! Phylisa was 2nd on the list. Both women are from my professional life. Elaine was the first friend to RSVP and she did it knowing that the party is being held on moving day. The rest of the friends are sitting in limbo. Planning on coming, but waiting for others to respond first. The funny thing is that they check the evite daily. I wonder if they realize that every time you open an evite, it marks the date. Yes, that's right all you evite scopers, I know this is a daily ritual. Don't worry. Someone will soon Jump in the fire...then you can all follow. (Well, that is everyone but one of my closest friends, who told me that he would need to wait to see what his plans were and let me know. Glad to know how I rate...but that is an entry for another day).

No comments: