Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Habitat! Woo? Cubs! Woo?

Last night Jen, Jen 2.0 (as she is sometimes affectionately known) and I went to a benefit for Habitat for Humanity hosted by the Wicked Cast. It was supposed to be an evening of entertainment with the cast singing their favorite songs. Given that we love Wicked, a good show and a great cause, we all decided it would be fun to go. Below, in no particular order, are my bulletted observations:

* One of the only songs I recognized, Bobby McGee, was performed by Ashley. Who turned out to be a guy with a great voice, but a spastic ADD-like bouncing knee.

* The best performer of the night (well, really of the first act, since that is how long we stayed) was the set carpenter. He had a beautiful voice and sang in tribute to New Orleans and Habitat for Humanity.

* A love story in three acts makes no sense...even when there is a tutu involved.

*A bunch of people dressed like Fosse dancers...do I need to say anything more?!?

* In no way, shape or form did I think that I would see Ronnie "Woo Woo" Wickers wearing his uniform at this benefit. Though the show was iffy, that was worth the entrance fee.

No comments: