Thursday, January 18, 2007

Smells like....

I am in the middle (well, that's a bit optimistic) of day 3 of a business class. I am the nerdy-type who likes to learn, so I am actually excited about being here. However, I am also the type that likes to fidget, get up and walk around, talk to people and surf the net on occasion. I can't really do that in the front row of a computer lab in an 8-hour class. Nope. At least not until the scheduled morning, afternoon and lunch break.

I feel like I am back in high school, eagerly waiting a lunch bell. (Actually, my school didn't have bells, but that is a story for another time). I stare anxiously at the computer clock hoping that he will call break a bit early. Well, not today. Today, he said that we might get out early, but that lunch would be later.

Dilemma. Lunch later? I have to sit in class all day and focus and now I can't eat until later? I was immediately thrown into a Garfield / Jughead panic. What to do? On break, I refilled my coffee and contemplated the snacks. I was going to need something to get me through the rest of the morning. And that's when I saw it. A Dole Mixed Fruit Cup. The ones that used to be in the tin cans though they are now in a plastic cup. Perfect, I thought to myself. Something to tie me over.

I bring the fruit cup, a spoon and my coffee into the training room. Figuring that I can snack on my fruit cup while the lesson continues. I opened up the delicious snack and proceeded to spill some of the juicy contents in my lap.

Which is why it is 10:30 AM and we are at least an hour and a half from lunch and I smell like an apricot-pear-tangelo. And I have wet pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tfI kid you not I had the Dole peaches yesterday for lunch!

And because I have had them before, I knew to open them over the trash...I always have to get rid of about half the juice in there.

So sorry you got wet, smelly pants out of that. That sux! But weird that we both ate Dole fruit cups on the same day!