Thursday, January 18, 2007

51 Hours and 32 Minutes to Kick Off!

Yesterday my friends sent back and forth a string of emails about Sunday's game. Rather than write about it, I thought I would just post them. It is a pretty funny read.

Tom - Some of us are going to Yakzees for the Bears game on Sunday. Planning to get there around 11. If by chance it's packed and we can't get a table we figure we can run over to Bernie's and get a table there.

Not to be an a$$, but it's going to be too crowded to save seats. You're more than welcome to come later but we're not guaranteeing a seat. So if you can join us around 11 we'll see you there.

Teiber - Not sure what everyones game plan is, but I'm kind of superstitous. So i'm in for the same place, tables, seat, even the same clothes as last week. Yes, I did wash the clothes. I also have no problem about waiting outside before the bar opens to get a table again. But, if people are for a change of venue I could handle yakzees or someplace near there, but I had a damn good time at Kirkwood(for the people that watched elsewhere) and would not
mind going back.

GO BEARS

Me - You took the words right out of my mouth, Teiber! I still smart from the Cubs loss in 2003 (and still blame Chad and Jen for coming into town and taking over our table for game 6).

I know that Nat and I are also planning keeping the routine. I think that our plan for Sunday is the same as it was last Sunday - coffee, waiting in line, stampede, same tables (probably same waitress=(, same seats, same clothes, same fun pile (only deviation is going to be a bigger bottle of tums), same hilariously great time!

Tom - if we are losing you to another venue, we are going to require your hat. We all think that it was an integral part of the Bears victory!

GO BEARS!

Nat - Tom ... you are really putting a kink in our plan ... which shouldn't be a problem if you drive us to the bar while playing Bear Down and the SuperBowl Shuffle, lend us your Gators hat and put another Broncos fan in your seat. I intend to maintain position at Kirkwood and think that it is our best strategy for VICTORY ... and ... there will be NO TOUCHING of eachother! SO ... Wash those clothes from last week and put them on again, prep your purses and pockets with all of the acutriements from last week & Teiber, Matty and Dea I will see you at Julius Meinl at 10:15 and we will take it from there. Tom - the question is are you going to be responsible for stealing our MOJO ... cuz against the 'Aints from Dixie ... we NEED our MOJO ....!!!! LETS GO BEARS!!!!!

Dave B. - people and peepettes-

let's be proactive here and get a tentative head count so we can be sure to save enough seats. i don't know if three table savers is going to be sufficient and i'd rather err on the side of too many seats. it's math.

on a side note, i can't believe you're all washing your last week's clothes. i'm still wearing the same boxers. what kind of fans are you? i've got all those sweet, fortuitous juices locked in and incubating in my hamper as we speak. WHO'S SITTING NEXT TO ME!!

scooterbeans- seriously, scooterbeans? what kind of email address is that? what, was queerbait 1 through a million already taken? why don't you show us you got a pair of beans and scoot on out to the neighborhood for some libations this evening? don't let me pressure you though, let your conscience be your guide. i'm gonna be in your neighborhood if you're interested so i could scoop you on my way home from my showings.

and in closing i'd just like to say, BEARS, BEARS, BEARS, BEARS, BEARS, BEARS, BEARS, (Dea here...He said this for 24 lines)

daveb chair of
daveb international, inc.

Guy - Count me in for DA BEARS!!!!!
I'll be out tonight. After watching two nights of American Idol I finally have my confidence back enough to belt out some Karaoke.
Hey "D" you might get to hear a little Romeo & Juliet!!!

BEARS 63
SAINTS 9

Elaine - OK, I am unsure what to do... since I wasn't with you guys last week, I don't know if I can join in now....!?! BUT, I have not washed my outfit from last week, so I can properly gear up.

My prediction:
Barack Obama is the honorary coin flipper, Bears win by 3 TDs, and fans everywhere vote Obama '08.

Guy (again) - My Prediction Version 1.1
After Barack Obama does the coin flip Rex Grossman gets hurt on the first play. Lovie Smith decides to put Obama in for Grosmman!! (Me (taking creative license) There was a political statement, but that takes the fun out of the silly string of email. As Teiber said, politics and girl topics don’t mix well with football.)

BEARS 9
SAINTS 63

Me (again) - Talk about opening a can of worms...

The way I see it:

1) Debauchery occuring tonight.
2) Elaine is joining us on Sunday in smelly clothes.
3) Teiber is joining us in not smelly clothes (for once=0)
4) Tom is letting the team down
5) Dave is really excited about the game - and will be joining us, though probably not sitting, since the boxers will be standing on their own by Sunday.
6) Obama in '08
7) We can only refer to the opponent as the 'AINTS....as in: "Ain't it a shame that the Bears kicked the 'AINTS ass!"
8) Mike needs a drink & loves talking about girl things.
9) If you are coming on Sunday, be there early with us (or stand)
10) All of us are eagerly counting down the time until game day!!

Insert several more emails with the word BEARS repeated over and over again and then two more late entries into the fray.

Scott - will attend as directed by Nat and Jax. I will make sure to try to remember what I was wearing so I may wear it again. I need help. Seriously - no wait, s$@t, it's that polo sweatshirt that I can't stand. DAMN IT!!! And a Chinese Food stain if I recall. Perfect. Found it. It's ... it's not pretty. But it will be there. And I will be the it wearing it.

Jax - ...I am THRILLED to read all of this fun planning for the Sunday Bears victory. I'm in, I won't be able to be there for the line but would hope that my seat will be saved.....PLEASE, I'm out Sat nite celebrating my birthday so might not be in form for the line but PROMISE to wear the same clothes (navy thong included) and even though that gray turtleneck was itching my neck, it will be clean and on my body for the kharma.

GO BEARS!!!

And there you have it. Plans to view the game in the works. The countdown begins...

Go Bears!

No comments: