Saturday, September 23, 2006

Thank You

Anyone who knows me, knows my absolute disdain when it comes to the CTA. The CTA drives me crazy. You are packed like a sardine in a smelly car where people are (more often than not) only looking out for themselves. It is frustrating and annoying -- especially throughout the Brown Line "Improvements."

However, the other day, the nicest thing happen to me on the L. I boarded the train after leaving the office and got into a packed car, prepared to stand balancing myself and all my work stuff. When, a gentleman (who knew they still existed) stood up and offered me his seat. Now, I am not elderly, handicapped or pregnant, which in train terms are typically the people you want to give your seat to. I am just a 30 year girl with a few bags. And yet he gave me his seat.

It was the nicest thing ever and completely changed my mood and my day. So, to the kind stranger on the Brown Line. I just want to say, "thank you." You are a good, kind man and I hope that life rewards you.

No comments: