Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Back in the ring

I originally started this early-April...just finally came back and finished it. I'm back. I promise. The benefit is over with and the final details are getting wrapped up slowly, but surely. My Y-Me race goal is taking a serious hit this year, because I have played every fundraising card I had. It is only a bummer, because I realized that this year is our 10th Anniversary of doing the race. Thought that I would be a lot more fantastic. On a good note though, my dad is officially joining us this year, as is Deb's fiance and a bunch of cousins. The team will be bigger than it has ever been and that is completely exciting to me.

I am not quite sure where the month of April went, but it is now May 1st and I have been away for awhile. I apologize for that, think that my brain and body needed a break.


I went to Cleveland for Easter. I have family there and Jason's family lives there. This was the blending of the families Easter celebration. Except for the fact that it snowed for 2 straight days, it was wonderful. Who thought that Easter would bring 2 feet of snow?

The weekend was a flurry of activity and tradition. We had lentils on Friday and made Italian sausage (only 20 lbs.) and dyed Easter eggs. On Saturday, we baked 4 (yes, I said 4) Lamb cakes and a batch of kolachkies. It was a wonderful weekend.

After the weekend, I headed home and to the bar for the annual Opening Day celebration. I love that it is baseball season, just wish that it would stay warmer and that the Cubs would do better. Seems that it is always my hope in the month of April.

At any rate, I am back. Sorry to all for the vanishing act. I promise to be back for awhile.

No comments: