Monday, March 19, 2007

Does anyone really know what time it is?

I am sorry again for my MIA-ness. I have been in full fundraising mode for the last week. The event is coming together better than any of us ever dreamed.

The weekend went by slowly, but fast simultaneously. We went to the funeral on Friday and it was a beautiful tribute to JC’s life. Her family each wrote and read a letter to her and it was nice to hear about the JC her family knew and loved.

Saturday, I went to watch the Xavier vs. OSU game. What a damn good game!! Bummed about the outcome, but it was more than I could have hoped for in a game. On Saturday, I was 3 OTs away from greatness – I took Xavier, Vandy and VCU. Risky and it almost paid off. Regardless, I am still the highest I have ever placed in my brackets and I am pretty proud of that.

After the game, we went to Howl at the Moon to listen to some music and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. I successfully avoided the green beer, but did drink something that had leprechaun in it. I met up with Nat and Mel at Cullen’s for the evening portion of the celebration. All day I was a bit miserable, having forgotten to take my allergy pill and it only got more fun as day turned into night. My voice was a thing of the past by about midnight. Still waiting for it to decide to return.

On a side note, 8 days after we have sprung forward and the CTA Station at Sheridan still is an hour behind. I wonder, given their proclivity for running late, if they don’t ever spring forward, technically, they are always on time.

No comments: